Accounting Manager/Controller Role
We are looking for an accounting manager to join our company. This would be an enthusiastic, friendly individual with a meticulous work ethic who is tech savvy and detail oriented, someone who can solve problems resourcefully and efficiently. This administrative position calls for a person who is attentive to detail, communicative and dependable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with day to day general accounting functions to support the finance team
- Updating accounting client information within internal database
- Processing Account Payables / Account Receivables
- Following up on unpaid and unprocessed invoices
- Assisting with financial planning for grant selections
- Assisting with month end reporting
- Month end bank deposits when required
- Expense input and bank reconciliation
- Administrative tasks when required, which may include but is not limited to; scanning, filing, data entry and photocopying
- Connecting with both internal and external parties for accounting details
- Working with external CPA firm for tax compliances
- HST Filings and compliance
- Source Deductions Filings and compliance
- Cashflows and Forecasts (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual)
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ Years of experience in similar role with references
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; work independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience and familiarity with Quick Books Online & Zoho Books
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Excel and Word
- Ability to provide backup support to finance team.
- Strong communication skills in English is required.
- Completion of a post-secondary education is required.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a face-paced environment
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE ACCOUNTING MANAGER/CONTROLLER ROLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS AD.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter here